Our Mission & Vision
Skills for Life on and off the Field!
The Superior Rush FC has a long standing tradition of preparing and developing players for the Collegiate level and beyond. Over the past years, our Club has has helped many student-athletes receive University and College scholarships as we have provided them with a platform to showcase their talents in the hopes of playing soccer at the collegiate level, whether in the US or Canada.
Our Club’s objective is to develop our young players with not only the physical skills, but also the drive needed to succeed, both on the soccer field, and in life as they reach adulthood. We strive for achievement and excellence, with an emphasis on personal development for the student-athlete.
To provide an opportunity for any person to play organized soccer at the Recreational and Competitive Levels and to assist participants in reaching their potential through the provision of programs for developing players and coaches in the City of Thunder Bay.
The Aims and Objectives of the Club are to provide:
1. Quality individual training of players of recreational and competitive teams through a series of clinics, technical sessions and camps.
2. Quality sessions for individual teams on the tactics of the game.
3. Coaching clinics for competitive team coaches.
4. Coaching clinics for house league or recreational team leaders.
5. A more effective system by which to monitor and foster the Club’s coaching standards and philosophies.
6. The development and implementation of an indoor and outdoor league throughout the year.
7. Education for all coaches on other aspects of the game i.e. first aid, psychology, motivation, nutrition and physiology.
8. Players and coaches opportunities to form closer ties with the Ontario and Canadian Soccer association through technical programs being offered.
9. A direct link to support material such as publications and coaching material available through the Ontario Soccer and Canada Soccer.
10. To provide an enhanced environment to young players to learn and enjoy soccer in an environment of enthusiasm, experimentation, encouragement and support.
Rush Core Values
The Rush Core Values are an integral aspect of our club. Players, Coaches and Staff are asked to learn and live by the Core Values to help them become better players and better people.
Be accountable for your actions and hold others accountable for their actions. Who am I ultimately accountable to, and who judges my work?
Seek out advice and aspire to be the best. In order to learn, we must be open to learning and consider the advice of others. Are you coach-able?
Empathy is at the core of solid relationships.
Enjoy your work, this is a gift. The desires of diligent workers are satisfied.
Apologize when you make a mistake. Forgive others and do not look back.
Leaders strive to be trustworthy, honest and sincere. They posses traits such as integrity and honor. They are willing to serve others and sacrifice their own interests. Leaders are constructive and hardworking.
Passion always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres. Passion never fails.
Respect everyone. Respect the opponent, the rules, your colleagues, your superiors and subordinates. Be thoughtful and considerate.
Our environment is safe. That includes the office, our travels, the fields and our bodies. Safety is not only physical safety from harm, but safety from ridicule and attack. We are comforted and encouraged in the club. We portray self-control and kindness to our staff, colleagues and players.
To be successful, persevere…. persevere but do not be anxious. Fear no one. Be strong and courageous. Work when no one else is looking, even when the circumstances are not right and everyone else quits. Diligence never loses because it never quits. Out work your opponent, and most importantly, work smart. Don’t wait for external inspiration. The people who go far do so because they motivate themselves and give their best, regardless of how they feel.
Together all things are possible. When your teammates are down, bear each other’s burdens; conversely, celebrate your teammate’s successes.
Get in Touch with Us
1100 Memorial Avenue Box 137
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 4A3